Wednesday 31 January 2007

Chugging along

Beforehand, I wish to reiterate that I am still crippled where internet access is concerned, and as you are reading down, this is typed via the free access I am tapping in the confines of McDonald’s.

I presume it has been close to a week since I was cut out of cyberspace, and any attempt to come online during peak hours proved itself to be futile. Even the unconventional mooching does not seem to work, given that more internet users around my vicinity are beefing up the security of their home wireless internet access, thus blockading my almost feeble attempts to infiltrate their network.

It was somewhat appalling that I fell asleep slightly after six, arising only a bit after dusk, yet, as the physical self would prove it, has affected my sleeping patterns in a cynically gregarious effect.

I have been contemplating on getting a lip-piercing for the past two weeks, and I think it is high tide I get one. It isn’t so much to support a particular youth culture, but more rather, a statement of non-conformity, directed against the zealously patriarchal family system which exists. I had assumed that we had moved away from our Bedouin desert roots, but apparently, some habits die hard.

Whilst tabulating my strengths and scores of the modules I am taking, I realised a familiar pattern which I omnisciently acknowledge had followed me through the years. My prowess was never in the fields of Mathematics or Sciences, but more rather, I excelled where subjectivity was abundant.

I was rather delighted that they had set aside a whole module on cognitive processes, which was my forte and strength. I always sought to provide a counter perspective, usually away from the tried and tested, and in more times than not, have proved itself to be a stimulus for the general population. Given my nature of championing and religiously defending my beliefs and opinions, it has caused tension at times, and admiration on my part. Culture has widened my perspective somewhat, and Enterprise, honed my business acumen, but, does not provide me that same excitement I exhibit in Cognitive.

Without intending to limit my options, I believe the right job for me would be that of a jurist, and a strong one at that.

No comments: