Wednesday 14 February 2007

Chain. Events

The day’s chains of events were rather eventful, it being freshly etched in the dismal abyss of my mind. I had accompanied my father in the morning to the market; he being zealously excited over the birthday preparations of my younger sibling.

I had proceeded back home, hands full of groceries, and all things vile, not expecting that the later part of the day would be the saga. It was agreed that we would all be meeting up at Jalan Kayu for some alfresco dining, which of course dragged beyond what I expected. Whilst I had dutifully paid for my fair share of the meal, my friends, collectively decided to abandon the eating joint without any intention of paying for their, meals. I was about to rebuff their infantile objective, when I was almost caught dead in my tracks when I thought I heard someone say, ‘Pay. Pay. Pay. Pay.’ I was almost aghast and heaved a quick sigh of relief when I had actually misconstrued what someone else had said.

Taking the bus down to Sengkang Interchange wasn’t a sombre affair to begin with. I never liked sitting in the bus, and for obvious reasons. The whole idea was as revolting as the journey itself. On top of that, I was on the verge of relieving myself, right there in the confines of the bus. After what I thought was an endless voyage, I pulled over at the adjacent bus stop, alighting to find a restroom, which wasn’t anywhere in side.

Jason had deviously suggested we went of a spree of sorts, and as to what merchandise I would not divulge. It was utterly ludicrous an idea, for if we were nabbed by the relevant authorities, perhaps I would not have been writing this entry to begin with. He incredibly managed to pull the stunt off, and I wouldn’t deny I was being wimpy about it. We travelled all around the North-eastern areas of the country, and it was a rather exhilarating experience, not to mention the sights we saw, despite it being a bit shoddy to begin with.

No comments: